Solitaire is a fun, one-player card game that can seem confusing at first, but is easy and fast-paced once you get the hang of it!
To play solitaire, try to get all of the cards into 4 foundation piles, 1 pile per suit, in ascending order from ace to king. Once you finish all 4 foundation piles, you win!
Here’s #howto play Solitaire:
• First place 1 card face up and 6 cards face down to the right of it. Then, place 1 card face up over the first face-down card, and add another row of face-down cards to the right.
• Repeat until every column has a face-up card at the bottom. Place the remaining cards in a pile off to the side.
To start the game, look at the face-up cards to see if you can move any of them to access the face-down cards underneath.
• You can move a face-up card to the bottom of another column if the face-up card you’re playing it on is a different color and one number higher than it.
• When you move a face-up card and expose a face-down card underneath it, turn the face-down card over.
• If you have a face-up ace, place it above the playing area to start one of the 4 foundation piles you need to win the game. Then, when you encounter the 2 in that suit, play it on top of the ace, followed by the 3 in that suit, and so on.
• Continue to move the face-up cards around the playing area and into the 4 suit piles. Once you come to a point where you can’t move any more cards, flip over the top 3 cards from the reserve pile, and see if you can play the top card anywhere. If you can, play it and then see if you can play the card underneath it. If you can’t, flip over 3 more cards from the reserve pile.
• Whenever you are stuck, you can continue flipping over sets of 3 cards from the reserve pile as long as you’d like, but make sure to never shuffle it.
• Keep playing like this until you’ve moved all of the cards into the corresponding suit piles in ascending order, or have run out of cards that you are able to move.
For more tips and strategies:
Follow our social media channels to find more interesting, easy, and helpful guides!